Sunday, January 14, 2007

happy accidents

This may be my new favorite bag.

front of tote

I have been working on a kalidescope quilt for a friend, using a templete I got as a gift for Christmas. I quickly realized that the precision needed for this block and for all the points too match up was beyond both my skill and patience level. Instead I chose to save two of my favorite ones and turn them into this tote. I put buttons in the middle to cover up my mistakes.

back of tote

I love the look of the quilting on this back and the not quite straight lines.

inside totebag

Finally, a shot of the inside which is a pale green (it is grey and dreary outside so the colors are slightly off) and has a pocket with an elastic closure.

Plus, new fabric:

added to the stash recently

new colors for flea market fancy

No comments: